Ok, one thing I'm running into when I use the default.ctp layout is
that it works for the top layer view but not more detailed views...

so the website I'm working on is:
http://www.tolerase.com/posts

In this view the layout is rendering the content within my default
layout, however if I try to view http://www.tolerase.com/posts/view/4
the layout doesn't render because all of the file paths aren't
resolving correctly.

What could I be doing wrong?