It sounds like the way you have your current website setup is not
going to work for the way Cake works.  Cake is geared more towards the
Model, Controller, View approach which gives you a controller with
specific functions and models associated to that controller.  You may
want to take a look and see if you can separate your functions into
logical groups so they can exist in your controller.

If you aren't familiar with classes you would call the function like
this.  $this->functionName();