I am having the same problems - in trying to create controller for
'user' .
I get the message
1. DESCRIBE `users` 2006: MySQL server has gone away
BUT the controller is written.

in trying to create views I get this (index.thtml)
<h2>List Users</h2>

        <th>Created</th>
        <th>Actions</th>
<?php foreach ($users as $user): ?>
                <?php echo $html->link('View','/users/view/' .
$user['User']['id'])?

                <?php echo $html->link('Edit','/users/edit/' .
$user['User']['id'])?

                <?php echo $html->link('Delete','/users/delete/' . $user['User']
['id'], null, 'Are you sure you want to delete id ' . $user['User']
['id'])?>
<?php endforeach; ?>
Bake.php finds the tables or it would not display the names for
choice.

Thanks,
Conrad