I am trying to figure out how to make the root folder redirect to a
page rather than the typical controller/action. I am attempting a
small CMS and would like to have friendly URLs. I would like to have
the controller be used if one is available, but if there is not a
controller which matches the requested URL, I would like to have that
sent to a PagesController to see if a page with a matching slug
(WordPress term, unsure in CakePHP) is available. if it is display it
the content with its layout, or else send the 404 page. Any ideas?

Thank You,
Jeremy