If you file a bug, perhaps someone in the Cake Dev team will implement
it. But this seems to be a low priority enhancement to me.

What you're basically proposing is somehow in-lining htmltidy (or
similar) into the HTTP response, so that all HTML output from Cake is
formatted nicely before it is sent to the user's web browser. I can
see this perhaps being useful in development, but wouldn't want it
turned on in a production environment.

Thinking about it some more, I recall that there is an Apache module for this --
http://mod-tidy.sourceforge.net/

Wayne