This is exactly what I want - but I can't seem to get this to work.

I have controller with the following in the index action

if ($data_source)
{
    $did_this_work = $this->Model->data_source_changer($data_source);
}

In the model

function data_source_changer($dbconfig)
    {
        $success = $this->setDataSource($dbconfig);
        return $success;
    }

I get no errors but the $did_this_work variable is empty after it runs
and I am getting data from the wrong database (did not change data
sources)
What am I doing wrong here?