Can you just not use absolute urls? /img/swf/menu.swf
Or if they need to be configurable pass them in as flash vars or xml?
There are plenty of quick web tut's out there showing how to do such things.

-----Original Message-----
From: cake-php@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of keymaster
Sent: Thursday, 25 October 2007 6:54 a.m.
To: Cake PHP
Subject: flash files which load other flash files

On our cake site which is nearly finished, our graphics/flash
designer  has created a beautiful flash-based intro.

Normally, I have no problems embedding flash files into cake. I have
done it many times before by placing them in a subdirectory within the
cake webroot and then referencing  $this->webroot within the <object>
tag, like so:

<param name="movie"
 value= "<?php echo $this->webroot."img/swf/menu.swf"; ?>" />

This time however, I received an unpleasant surprise.

The flash designer decided to do things more "efficiently" to save
load time, and he broke up his flash intro into multiple flash files,
where there is one "main" .swf which, once loaded into the browser,
requests the others as needed.

Great idea, but...

How do I get the main .swf to generate the correct cake urls?

All my .swf's are sitting in webroot/img/swf/.

I know the main .swf needs to generate an url of:

http://domain.com/img/swf/filename.swf

Our flash designer is only an artist type, not a flash developer/
programmer. I am also not a flash programmer just a well-meaning PHP/
MySQL type.

Is there any way out of this ?

I thought perhaps of the following possibilities:
1. have the flash designer combine everything into a single flash file
(but it will take much longer to load).
2. have the flash designer hardcode the cake urls of the several dozen
flash files into his main swf (lots of work and nonportable)
3. (don't know if this will work) make the cake webroot the same as
the site root so the urls will be the same (?)

Is there any simple way to do this?

http://www.eset.com