Where I work, we are testing out CakePHP to replace our existing
codebase.

I have two questions.

1. Do all primary keys for tables have to be 'id'?

2. I have 3 tables, blogs, posts, users.

<b>blogs</b>
<u>id</u>
user_id
title
subtitle

<b>posts</b>
<u>id</u>
blog_id
user_id
added
updated
text

<b>users</b>
<u>id</u>
username
password

I want to be able to call http://www.mydomain.com/blog/view/cthompson
and have it load a list of my posts.

If I used http://www.mydomain.com/blog/view/1 it would automagicly
know that I wanted to find the blog id = 1.  The only way I could
figure out to have to load based on username was to put a function in
my app_model.php model file:

    function getUserId($username) {
        $ret = $this->query('
                                SELECT
                                    id
                                FROM
                                    users
                                WHERE
                                    username = "' . $username . '"');
        return $ret[0]['users']['id'];
    }

and call it in the blog_controller.php with

$this->set('blog',     $this->Blog->find(array('id' => $this->Blog-
>getUserId($username)),null,null,2));

The recursive 2 seems to do nothing.  I want it to pull in all the
posts for this blog.

So I tried calling this after it:

                        $this->set(
                                                'posts',

$this->Posts->findAll(array('id' => $this->viewVars['blog']
['Blog']['id'])),
                                                'created DESC',
                                                null,
                                                null,
                                                null
                        );

But when I do a foreach loop in my view.thtml file on the $posts var,
nothing happens.

We are still in the review stages of multiple frameworks, but think
that CakePHP is the one for us.  I would like to know if I am headed
in the correct direction to get the information that I need to build a
blog/view file with a list of all the posts that have been made to the
blog.

Thanks,
Chris