Hi McFadly,

hats interesting thanks. I normally use othAuth but I jsut wanted a
very simple HTTP-Auth, and it seems to me that should be easily
achievable with this Security component, although I have not been able
to get it to work!

All I would like to do is turn off the separate checking of POSTed
data -- can anyone help?
Or even someone who uses a HTTP-auth (with or without the digest) to
post an example of their code to achieve it?

I am not sure if a problem is arsing becasue my code is in the
app_controller, maybe it would be better in each controller that needs
the HTTP-auth; this seems to be the way of the OC  presentation on
Cake's example.

thanks

Luke