Speaking of future enhancements. Is there a current feature or easy way to
add in handling that will generate the entire schema from version X to Y or
simply do the update the first time the app is run against a schema that is
out of date or doesnt have any tables?

I have seen this in some other projects like AppFuse with their combination
of hibernate.

Maybe I could get pointed towards how you would handle this and add it in
myself?