I am building a database to store personal collections of books...
Users will use my site to query open source databases using the isbn
number... It is possible that i many people will use the site (like
thousands may open accounts and start cataloging their personal book
collections..)

Book data (author title genre, publisher etc) will be stored in a
table in my database called Books...I imagine that the same book may
appear many many times..

wouldn't it be better to record changes made to a book by each account
rather than creating a whole new record of  a book for each account
that has that book... so each account would simply be pulling their
book data off of one table which  would then pass it rhrough a filter
containing  the changes made to that book if any by the account holder

.. Imagine 1000 school  chiidren each have he same book Lets say 30 of
them make changes to the title but the rest leave it as is  Can't we
just record those changes instead of giving each child their own
record of the book in the books table?

Does Cake 1.2 have a nice way to handle this? Or is this purely a
MysqQL questions

I am building in LAMP 5/5

thank you for your response...