I've been working on something similar, though not as featured (by
default) as yours.  I was calling it skeletor, because it is bare
bones, yet has everything that 90% of my sites will need, and from
there I can add on the differences.  Nearly every site worthy of a
framework will probably have user management.  check.  Gotta have an
admin area for said user managment.  check.  While I have an admin
area, why not develop a plugin structure, so that each plugin's
settings will also appear in the admin area, automatically once
installed (kinda like wordpress).  check.  That's about it for the
default, back end wise.

And then the basic stuff.  In my opinion, having a header, footer, and
some lorem ipsum already there in the default template, with no style,
just basic positioning (footers are usually centered), is good.  Most
sites will have links to Legal, Site Policy, Help, etc in the footer
as well, so go ahead and have that, and go from there.  Depending on
content, screen.css, print.css, and reset.css, already included in the
HEAD, with blank files already existing.

That's about as far as I got, and I didn't really finish.  I just
wanted that basic stuff.  If I wanted a cart, i'd try adding it with
an encapsulated plugin.  If I wanted a blog, or the ability to post to
the front page, it might involve a combination of a plugin, and adding
an INCLUDE tag in my DIV of choice on the front page.

Yeah, I could just start with Drupal, but I lack the aptitude to
decipher all that source code method and modify it for my needs.
Besides, building it myself is a great learning experience, and I
think of my approach as somewhere in the middle of a blank CakePHP
app, and a complex Drupal install.  Best of both worlds.