Oh damn, i think we started to write the post at the same time and i
overlooked your post.

My cli path is etc/php5/cli/php.ini and i am using Suse Linux 10.1.

I already added the extension=mysql.so line, but it didnt work.

So i looked at the extension Path and i rembered, that i installed a
new php version in an other directory. In this php installation-path
is a ext/mysql folder, but no mysql.so.

There are just the following files:

.libs/
    php_mysql.o
CREDITS
config.m4
config.w32
mysql.dsp
mysql.mak
package.xml
php_mysql.c
php_mysql.h
php_mysql.lo
php_mysql_structs.h
tests/
    001.phpt
   002.phpt
   003.phpt
   connect.inc
   skipif.inc

Could one of these be the right file? I had no succes with the locate
and whereis command for mysql.so.
Or where could the mysql.so be?