I have a simple question (I think).

I have a model (Requests), which has a lot of relationships including 3
belongsTo (Equipment, Classroom, Department).
The Classroom model has a belongsTo (Building).

I'm doing a findAll/paginate in the Request controller with
$this->Request->recursive = 1 and get MOST of what I need. However, I'm
trying to tack onto that, the Building reference.

I've tried this:
$this->Request->Classroom->recursive = 2;

To just set the recursive set to 2 on the Classroom model only (Doesn't
work).

I've tried doing a $this->Request->Classroom->bindModel(.....)
Doesn't work.

What does work is:
$this->Request->recursive = 2, however I get a whole recursive mess on the
other models (Eqiupment, Department). Then I have to go unbind ALL the other
stuff I don't need.

Is there a shortcut here? I just wanna change the recursiveness on ONE
associated model.

Please ask for details if I'm unclear:
--
Baz L
Web Development 2.0: Web Design, CakePHP, Javascript