I would expect that there is a way to auto-login a user from a URL by
encrypting their username and password and passing them into a
vBulletin "log user in" url/webpage. This is how I would do it, but I
don't know vBulletin well enough to tell you specifics. And if such a
page does not exist in vBulletin, you should be able to add one
without a lot of trouble, I'd hope/expect.

Wayne