Hello,

I am running Apache 2.2 on windows xp. I've been using php and perl on
it for years with few problems. But I created the Blog Tutorial and
the IBM Tutorial 1 and can never see the apps. I can see the main cake
page at:

http://localhost/cake

And I had to follow the mod-rewrite solutions to get it to look right.
There are many php Strict warnings. I found you can turn those off in
the php.ini, but I've never seen those with any other php app.

But I can't see any app. I installed cake in the Document Root as in
my Apache config and I can see the cake page. I just get page not
found. It said in the ibm tutorial to go to mysite/users/register.
Nothing. The blog tutorial said to go to a page and I see nothing. I
found I could change the "route" away from the cake page but when I
try any new route I still get nothing. I tried changing the Paths in
the cake config files and that didn't help.

DocumentRoot = "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents
\public_html"

This is the same as localhost on any other php or perl script. What is
going on? It's really frustrating and not easy as stated in the
minimal manual and documentation. I love scripts that really work in
15 minutes. I've spent hours on this already to get the 15 minute
tutorial to work and nothing.

Any expert help will be appreciated as I have to learn this for my new
job.

Thanks