I have been researching Resin/Quercus for my production apps but I have been
running into many issues within the CakePHP dbo abstraction layer. I have
tried stepping through it but everything keeps pointing back to the MySQL
JDBC driver interacting differently than the native php mysql module. Right
now it is always failing in the deep-linking of the database associations
will Null pointer exceptions coming from the JDBC connection (and yes I set
persistant DB connections to on).

I was really hoping this would be another viable solution as the performance
gains people are seeing with Drupal on a setup like this are pretty drastic.