Hi Baz!

Thanks for your quick reply.
I just tested this and then i tested it with a normal string
'test' ... but it didn't work. Here's the output of pr($this->session)
after trying to $this->session->read('test'); (btw. test is the name
of the variable AND the value .. quite confusing but nevermind :))

SessionComponent Object
(
    [__active] => 1
    [valid] => 1
    [error] => Array
        (
            [2] => test doesn't exist
            [1] => Session is valid
        )

    [_userAgent] => 97d3931cf333eb6077958dca0114c3f6
    [path] => /cake/
    [lastError] => 2
    [security] => high
    [time] => 1197933144