Now, I've found tons of posts talking about this, but I haven't found any
that address my particular problem.

I will be satisfied with the answer that this cannot be done, at least then
I'll stop looking, but if someone has an idea, I would appreciate some help.

I like the production setup (http://manual.cakephp.org/chapter/installing)
of CakePHP, where I run from ONE CakePHP source with multiple apps.

This is my desired structure (all under Root for the site on a shared host
... www|public_html or whatever)
/cake1.2/app1/webroot/
/cake1.2/app2/webroot/

Locally and on different hosts I can pull this off by pointing my domain
straight to /cake1.2/app1/webroot/.

However, HostMonster doesn't allow you to point the main hosted domain to a
directory other than the root. So what I'm doing is basically duplicating
the .htaccess file in the cake installation so I have something like this:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine  on
  RewriteRule ^$  cake1.2/app1/webroot/     [L]
  RewriteRule (.*) cake1.2/app1/webroot/$1  [L]
</IfModule>

The problem is all my links (HTML helper, etc) end up in the form
site.com/cake1.2/app1/link/

I've read many solutions, but they all involve symlinks,Virtual
Directories/Rerouting DocumentRoot in httd.conf, Apache Aliases, etc.

All I have is a .htaccess file.

Is there anyway to fudge this, by messing with the Rewrites or the various
defines in cake1.2/app1/webroot/index.php?

ThanX in advance guys.
--
Baz L
Web Development 2.0