I think for admin functionality and consistency with the general
thrust of cakePHP you should consider the admin model that is implicit
in CakePHP itself. (check the manual, under configuration or
controller.) Your Admin_method() code can even choose a specific
layout and view by changing its own properties on the fly to those
appropriate for administration. (for instance, I embed breadcrumbing
as a set variable that is a nested array of labels and links that I
run through a $html->link loop; the admin functions start with '/admin/
home' => 'Admin', where the non-admin breadcrumb starts with '/' =>
'Home'.

I would suggest instead of multiple model classes you create a single
model class that forks when necessary depending on an admin flag in
session. I guarantee that though the code is fresh in mind now and
seems like an irrefutably great idea, six months ago when bugs occur
you'll be making two stops for every bug and cursing yourself for ever
having split your code base unnecessarily.

I would also point out that if you are going to continue this route,
instead of messing with the views, you could simply alter the data
arrays in the methods that receive and CRUD the data.