There are two simple ways to handle shared views. One is to simply
specify the $this->view property within the handling methods.

The other is to redirect from one method to another, with a specific
flag. For instance, say you have a class Foo_controller with a view
rss($edition) method and you want it to be overloaded with data from
Bar_controller's rss($edition) method.

class Foo_controller ... {

function rss($edition)
{
$this->set('nodes', $this->Foo->getAllByEdition($edition);
$this->redirect('/bars/rss/0/1');
return;
}
} // end class

class Bar_controller ... {
function rss($edition, $from_foo = FALSE)
{
if (!$from_foo) $this->set('nodes', $this->Bar-
>getAllByEdition($edition); // if $from_foo, data was already
populated.
$this->set('foo_or_bar', $from_foo ? 'Foo' : 'Bar'); // so the view
will know what path to search for data inside nodes: $nodes[$i]
[$foo_or_bar']['id'] and so on.
}
} // end class

That way you always use the /bar/rss.thtml view, but its abstracted to
be called from either controller.