Hi Rob,

On Nov 23, 5:15 pm, Rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Running through the Blog tutorial, I noticed that the HTML Title was
> not being output.
>
> I've tracked this down to this line inflash.thtml :-
>
> <title><?php echo $page_title?></title>
>
> Although the other parameters for url, pause, etc are being created
> before calling this page, $page_titleis not.
>
> I've tried to track the calling function, but can only get as close as
> _render() in view.php. Sometimespage_titleis called as pageTitle,
> which I think is where the bug lies.

I've just noticed the exact same thing :)  Just been taking a look at
CakePHP and like Rob, was doing the Blog tutorial when I noticed the
same problem.

The problem lies in 2 places:

1) controller\controller.php (Line ~625) in the flash() method - $this-
>set('page_title', $message); - this sets the page title as the flash
message
2) view\view.php (Line ~599) in the _render() method -  $page_title =
$this->pageTitle; - this then overwrites it with $this->pageTitle
which is set to false when declared in controller.php

To resolve the problem here, I edited controller\controller.php and
changed "$this->set("page_title", $message);" (line 625) to "$this-
>_setTitle($message);".  the flash() method is now working as desired
for me.

Thanks,
Alan.

P.S. I've only been looking at CakePHP for a couple of hours now but
so far I'm very impressed.  I can see why Mambo decided to go with it
now.  Good job to all involved in its development :)