One time gwoo wrote some quick code that would make find return
objects instead of arrays. I turned it into a behavior. Seemed to work
pretty well at the time. It should still work (not sure though,
because of all the recent changes to cake core). Give it a try.

http://bin.cakephp.org/saved/24245

In any case there are ways to get things to behave the way you want
them with Objects being returned. Cake (for the most part) is flexible
like that.