Yeah, i've been trying that, but I am not sure if that is or isn't
related to the error.

The code I have that seems to get nailed is as soon as I do the
"$MenuModel = new MenuModel();":

                if (!is_object($this->MenuModel)) {
                        if (!ClassRegistry::isKeySet('MenuModel')) {
                                //get the language model
                                if (!class_exists('MenuModel')) {
                                        App::import('Model','cms.MenuModel');
                                }
                                $MenuModel = new MenuModel();
                                ClassRegistry::addObject('MenuModel',
$MenuModel);
                        }
                        $this->MenuModel =&
ClassRegistry::getObject('MenuModel');
                }

AND stripped the MenuModel down to basics

class MenuModel extends CmsAppModel
{
        public $name = 'MenuModel';
        public $useTable = 'cms_menu';

}
And I still get the Stack overflow error.

I did print_r and exit test in between the code above and only hit the
error at "$MenuModel = new MenuModel();"

Side note: are there any other methods of retreiving the App:import
class files or any other way I should be doing the "= new ..."?