On Jan 10, 10:03 pm, "Novice Programmer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hello Guys,
>
> I am new to OO and cake, so please bear with me for my stupid questions. I
> have got a legacy application to port to cake. On the index page of this
> application, images are loaded on fly from the database.

Do you mean randomly

> From the cake's
> manual i got that replacing the cake's template with your custom template
> will load your template, but before that I want to run some queries to the
> database to populate that template. So My question is that where is the
> start point of the application.

If your layout relies on the db, investigate putting code in either a
component or your app controller beforeRender method to retrieve what
you want.

Check the frequent discussions page regarding reusable elements/mini
controllers also.

hth,

AD