To replace generateList I use find('all', array('fields' =>
array('id', 'name'))  and then a set::combine.
I find out that using find('list', ..) with 'fields' did not work as I
expect ..(I was experimented, maybe my mistakes).

Somehow I like the new way, "generateList" was retrieving ALL FIELDS
and doing the equivalent of set::combine after.
I do not know exactly, the impact of performances, but I always like
to retrieve only the needed fields.