One trick is not cakePHP related, but you can check to be certain the
request came from a page or domain that hosts the form.  I've done
that in the past and had no problems.  You can also pass to the form a
key that you validate prior to sending the mail.  Again, non-cakePHP
related, but definitely will stop spammers.

- Keith