Hey Chris,

Thanks for the input. I did review that, but could not find valid
cause that it was that. The cake Route class if it finds that the url
is Ajax, sets the $params['bare'] value to 1. As a result, the session
component when checking if it should start the session checks if
$params['bare'] = 0, if so it then starts. therefor any ajax session
wont have session scope even if useragent is false.

The only way for me to resolve this was to return the Route class to
write $params['ajax'] = 1 if a ajax call is found, and then write
adjust my own session class to check if the call was ajax too in order
to keep the session scope.

The other disadvantage here is that because the standard cake session
class relies on $params['bare'] = 0, then all other webservices will
also have no session scope.