I've got an application built in CakePHP 1.1 and I am having trouble
in my attempts to port it to 1.2 as my models which had no data
source / database are giving me errors.

Back in CakePHP if you want a model that didn't use the database you
just set $useTable = false but this doesn't work in 1.2 as I get the
error:

Fatal Error (256): ConnectionManager::getDataSource - Non-existent
data source default [CORE\cake\libs\model\connection_manager.php, line
113]

Any tips?