Hello,

I have 3 tables:

1. posts
2. categories
3. post_2_cat

I am trying to use hasAndBelongsToMany to fetch a post and its
associated categories (from post_2_cat)

The only problem i encountered so far is with table fields names.
Initially i had post_id and category_id in the posts and categories
tables. This way, i dont get anything returned with
hasAndBelongsToMany.
If i modify the fields names to 'id' , i get the expected results.

var $hasAndBelongsToMany=array('Category'=>

array('className'    => 'Category',
                                     'joinTable'    => 'post_2_cat',
                                     'foreignKey'   => 'post_id',
                                     'associationForeignKey'=>
'cat_id',
                                     'conditions'   => '',
                                     'order'        => '',
                                     'limit'        => '',
                                     'unique'       => true,
                                     'finderQuery'  => '',
                                     'deleteQuery'  => '',
                               )

Above is the code that does this (resides in models/post.php).

My question is, how can i use hasAndBelongToMany but not have to use
"id" in my tables (for example i want to use: post_id instead of id ,
in the posts table).

Thanks in advance. Also, any other advices are welcome as im quite new
to cakephp (which rocks btw :) )