I'll have to agree.  I confess that, when I first started using cake,
I hated using php in my views.  I had been using smarty and a few
other templating systems, and I thought they were better.  I was
wrong.  Adding a templating system adds one more level to debug and
one more level where things can go wrong.  PHP works great, cake devs
already know it, and it can be very nice looking if you design your
site properly.

hydra12