On Jan 28, 2008 12:40 PM, Matias Lespiau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Question: how do you manage and deploy DB changes?
> >

> I hadn't solved this on linux yet, but if you work with some mysql program
> like mysqlfront on win, you can check the logs and save every alteration to
> you database, save them to a text file, and run them on production.

There's also DBDesigner4 (from fabFORCE.net) that allows you to visually
design your (MySQL) database and saves the model as a XML file (which you
could commit to SVN). From memory, you can just ask it to connect to a
different DB and it tells you what it would have to change on it (and apply
changes to it if you wish).

- Gonzalo