I'm getting the following error for cache in 1.2.

Warning (512): Cache not configured properly.
Please check Cache::config(); in APP/config/core.php
[C:\web\xampp\koek\cake\libs\configure.php, line 630]

My setup is as follows.

/koekApps/
    /koekApp1/
            /config
            /controllers
            /models
            /plugins
            /tmp
            /vendors
            .htaccess
             index.php
/koek/
         /cake
         /vendors
        .htaccess
          index.php

    /htdocs/   (webroot)
         /koekApp1

index.php inside webroot
define('ROOT', DS.'web'.DS.'xampp'.DS.'koekAPPS'.DS.'koekApp1');
define('APP_DIR',dirname('koekApp1'));
define('CAKE_CORE_INCLUDE_PATH', DS.'web'.DS.'xampp'.DS.'koek');

This setup has worked for me before, numerous times. Its only now in
1.2 that the cache throws that error.

When I do pr(Cache::config) from C:\web\xampp\koekApps\koekApp1\views
\pages\home.ctp
I get and empty string.
When I do pr(Cache::settings) from C:\web\xampp\koekApps\koekApp1\views
\pages\home.ctp
I get an empty array.

So it seems to me, the config method in core.php never gets called for
Cache.
If anyone know the solution to this, please let me know.

Let me know if you need more info from my side.

Ben