When I had to implement this functionality I did what Tulio suggested.
I believe that the with associations sole purpose is so that you don't
have to do this though. I haven't tried playing around with it, but
have you tried this yet:

Before you save your post data try adding a taggedpost field to it
with the desired data:
$savepost=$this->data;
$savepost['Post']['TaggedPost']=$sometaggedpostdata;
$this->Post->save($savepost);