Yes, I had only checked out the screencast for the "Bakery" later that
day and that was when I only discovered it by chance.

It would have been more useful if the error message generated from the
console told you what was missing (eg. wrong app path?)

I very new to Cake and I am trying to understand the concepts they
have used to build it, I am constantly piecing together information
from the bakery, api, google, blogs etc.

The screencasts don't actually work on my browser (maybe because of my
quicktime version) so I downloaded them instead.

I've only had 3 weeks to get to grips with functionality and its
commands :\

A tutorial on how to make a "Blog" in Cake is not good enough when you
need to get a general understanding around the whole framework... I
will contribute to the documentation project but I hope it gets sorted
soon (with concept code).