El lun, 04-02-2008 a las 02:21 -0800, zeugme escribió:
> Hi,

Hello (also, hello to all bakers!),

> I'm new in CakePHP, amazingly, I choose CakePHP for the power of MVC,
> SQL mapping ...
It's nice to hear that, I'm pretty much a newbie too.

> but I need to deal with my home page witch have no model.
> This page however is not purely static, it contains PHP, SQL ...
>
> Where do I put such files ?
> /app/webroot ?
> or
> /app/view.pages ?

I think the easiest way to do that would be to create a controller with
a home() action that uses (see the $uses variables) the models where you
need to get the data for the home page. That way you can create methods
on the models involved to return the data, so, no need for SQL at all.

> What are the differences between those 2 folders ?
>
> This page also rely on some javascript framework (JQuery).
> Where do I put my jquery.js file ?
> If I put it inside app/webroot/js it doesn't appears to be taken into
> account ...
> It's like if I had to put that general js files at the physical root,
> the folder that contains /app.

No, you have to put it in app/webroot/js, and load it using the
JavaScript Helper, remember to load the helper on the appropiate
controller.

> Maybe there is some doc I should read ? I read the manual, tuto,
> browse the bakery and did not found, but that do not mean it doesn't
> exists :-)
>

> Thanks for your help !

I hope that helps!