I am having trouble with selectTags and observeField. My goal is to
make one html select update after the first one is changed. I was able
to get the ajax request working and I have the view spitting out some
dummy data (just a print_r of the post params for the time being).

The problem I am facing is in Firefox, when I click the select to
expand it and then move the mouse cursor down to select one, it
appears that observeField is firing as I slide the mouse cursor over
each separate option.

It seems to work as I want it to in Internet Explorer, where
observeField does not fire until an option on the select is clicked.

Is there a way to tweak anything on the cake side to adjust this
behavior, or is it a Firefox issue?

Thanks,
Brad