I feel your pain man. Every time I search on the same topic I get generic

Here seems to be an example:
http://www.littlehart.net/atthekeyboard/2007/12/11/cakephp-pagination-with-a-habtm-relationship/

Haven't tested though. From the looks of it, you can replace the
$this->findByName() with $this->query() (since they should return the same
structure) and also stick a count in ur statement to populate paginateCount.

See if it works.
--
Baz L
Web Development 2.0