Hi Wood, i hope this answer is not to late...

The tempdos is wrong. They already changed on the svn and it will be
online soon.

So to customize a scaffolded view fo a specific controller they say
you need to place you file here:
/app/views/posts/scaffold/index.scaffold.ctp

But rather, you need to put it here:
/app/views/posts/scaffold.index.ctp

And to customize a view scaffold for all your controllers, they say
the place is here:
/app/views/scaffolds/index.ctp

But the right place is:
/app/views/scaffold/index.scaffold.ctp

Hopes this helps others.

The lack of good, consistent and updated documentation is the worst
problem on CakePHP today.

Note: Happy Birthday to me :D

Cheers,
Julio Vinicius Protzek