I'm not sure that a lot of people really understand what's going on behind
the scenes here.

You are writing code .... that writes code.....

Some things are simply more practical. You need certain conventions or there
would be a gazillion configurations that need to be set before you can
start.

Sorry for the rant. I'm not even on the team