hi

I know this question was already asked a few times and I read some
topics about it on this g.group but didn't find the answer I'm looking
for (found "put it in controller", for example)

so, how can I change the value of an attribute of a model in
beforeValidate and then see this change on the value displayed in the
form ?

example:
write 'foo' in the form
set the value of this field to 'bar' in beforeValidate
the value must be 'foo' to be validated so validation fails, ok
but I still see 'foo' in the form field, I should see 'bar'

... ???

thanks in advance