Hi,

I have a page with a user registration form and login form which is
using the Auth component. The issue is that since both use the same
User model, both forms are populating with the same data. i.e if you
enter invalid registration data both the login and registration form
are then populated where they share the same fields.

One solution might be to change all variables of the registration form
"email" -> "register_email" and then convert back after validation
however the number of fields makes this less preferable.

My understanding is that the AuthComponent assumes the login form
fields reflect the database and setting the fields array is only
useful when wanting to use something other than conventional naming.

Can anyone suggest a good way of handling this - I am not sure if it
is possible but one idea might be to introduce a new Login model and
then use setSource to point to the user table and use it with the
useModel of the AuthComponent ?

Thanks,

/Tom