I think the only way selects are autogenerated by forms is from
foreign keys, and checkboxes are generated for 'booleans'.

It would be nice if radios and checkboxes were autogenerated from
enums and sets, but these aren't supported out the box.

Have no fear though - you can pass different parameters to the form-
>input method, or use form->radio etc, to specify the input type.

(If you're still using scaffolding, look into bake to create real
files for your views for you to customise).