you could also try using the smtpOptions in the email component

http://book.cakephp.org/view/176/email

Sam D

On Feb 16, 2008 11:20 AM, Dardo Sordi Bogado <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> start here, http://us.php.net/manual/en/
>

> On Feb 16, 2008 11:36 AM, dandreta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > And how can I do this?
> > Any another suggestion or help?
> >
> > On 15 feb, 21:26, "Wayne Fay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > First off, make a little test.php plain PHP file that verifies that
> > > you can send email using PHP's built-in email
> > > functionality:http://us2.php.net/mail
> > >
> > > Then make a little test in a Cake controller that you can call
> > > directly which does the same thing. Then you can worry about the
> > > emailcomponent etc.
> > >
> > > Wayne

(the old fart) the advice is free, the lack of crankiness will cost you

- its a fine line between a real question and an idiot

http://blog.samdevore.com/archives/2007/03/05/when-open-source-bugs-me/
http://blog.samdevore.com/cakephp-pages/my-cake-wont-bake/
http://blog.samdevore.com/cakephp-pages/i-cant-bake/