I was reading an article today, about a way to freely mirror your site, so
that you can receive links from major sites such as digg/slashdot/etc, and
was wondering if anyone knew how to incorporate this into the default cake
.htaccess files? The code from the article is as follows:

# Heavy Site Redirect to Coral Cache
# Links incoming from heavy sites are redirected to the Coral Cache
# Exception: Coral Cache Proxy Servers
# Exception: Googlebot crawler
#
# CONFIG: Replace "yourdomain.com" with your target domain name.
# CONFIG: Follow the HTTP_REFERER RewriteCond examples to add or remove
# domains to the list of redirected sites.
#
<ifmodule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} !^Googlebot
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} !^CoralWebPrx
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !(^|&)coral-no-serve$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://([^/]+\.)?digg\.com [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://([^/]+\.)?slashdot\.org [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://([^/]+\.)?slashdot\.com [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://([^/]+\.)?fark\.com [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://([^/]+\.)?somethingawful\.com [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://([^/]+\.)?kuro5hin\.org [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://([^/]+\.)?engadget\.com [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://([^/]+\.)?boingboing\.net [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} ^http://([^/]+\.)?del\.icio\.us
RewriteRule ^(.*)?$ http://www.yourdomain.com.nyud.net/$1 [R,L]
</ifmodule>

and the relevant article for those who want more information is:
http://www.tummblr.com/web-development/redirect-visitors-from-high-traffic-sites-like-digg-to-coralcdn-mirror-using-htaccess/

any ideas?
--
In the name of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of my sanity.
Siebren Bakker(Aevum Decessus)