Are the writer's of CakePHP aware that for some reason, by default, if
you have a field in your db table set to tinyint with a length of 1
that Cake processes it in form fields as booleans?  This was a very
frustrating experience for me as I kept thinking it was something in
my programming.  Finally I realized the only commonality was that the
fields to which could not be changed or seemingly were not saving what
I was telling it to were written in the DB as 1 character tinyint's.
When I changed those fields to a length of 2, my forms worked
normally.

Just one, curious if anyone else has had that issue and 2, if Cake is
aware?