I'm looking for some input from the cake community on some db design
inquiries.

Lets say I have a table of venues (name, longitute, latitude ...).

A venue can belong to one or more child classification where
classifications are a stored as a hierachy using the adjacency list
model (id, parent_id, name).

A venue can also belong to one or more child cuisine classification
where cuisine types are stores as a hierachy also using the adjacancy
list model.

Now my question is am I better off obscuring these association so I
can simply add a new root to a setup to handle the adjacancy list
model (ie cuisine and category) or should I have seperate tables
(cuisines and categories).

Option 1 only one table to store all hierarchies:
venues
id, name, longitude, latitude

venueattributes
id, parent_id, name