Interesting, I was about to post the same questions, can anyone help
us out??

3) ACL can be used to manage usergroups and actions and permissions
related to that, once you've read the manual on ACL you'll get the
idea. I think there are a few tutorials on combining the Auth
component and ACL as well, try google.

here's a link to the manual about ACL: http://manual.cakephp.org/chapter/acl

thanks for asking the right questions ;)