I have to admit some skepticism when I see a line like this:

"TiramisuPHP provides a way to keep your views as clean as possible,
using the powerful Smarty template engine in the main view class."

One of CakePHP's biggest assets, in my mind, is it's lack of a custom
templating system.

I like using PHP for my templates.  I have used Smarty before, and
mostly I felt it added unnecessary complexity.

CakePHP's helpers and elements are a great solution for those who want
to simplify their templates.