Hello,

I've recently implemented a content management system using Cake, and
am running into a design issue. I have many different types of posts
(articles, books, etc.). All these posts must be associated to tags. I
implemented a general posts table, and associated the tags to this. I
then implemented each type of post as belonging to a content post.

The problem is, I now have many controllers. Each post type has its
own controller, although aside from differing fields they pretty much
have the same controller logic. The only thing that really differs in
each controller code is the name of the controller instance. Whenever
I need to make an update, I have to essentially copy and paste into 10
different controllers.

My questions is, how do I consolidate this logic into one location. I
thought about using a component, put b/c Cake uses lazy loading I
don't believe the model classes are available in a component. Am I
wrong about this? Is there a way around this? Also, is there any way
to consolidate the many views associated with the controllers? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You